When you need expert advice in the most important stage of your life
Pregnancy, postpartum and lactation (breastfeeding) are the most nutritionally expensive times of your life.
You may have expected to feel better than you do.
You may be experiencing an unexpected medical complication.
You want to know what to eat to meet your needs and the needs of your growing baby.
When you turn to google - the amount of conflicting and confusing information available is overwhelming and unhelpful.
I help pregnant and mothers in the years after birth understand what to eat so they can improve and optimize their and their baby's health.
Offering virtual registered dietitian support to clients within Manitoba.
I've Got You.
Registered Dietitian Near Me
You are seen and supported
Many moms are concerned about getting enough nutrients during pregnancy.
And many will experience unexpected pregnancy or postpartum complications.
I can help if you are experiencing any of the following:
- nausea/morning sickness or hyperemesis gravidarum
- nutrient deficiencies such as anemia
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- gestational diabetes (lifestyle managed only)
- optimizing a vegetarian diet for pregnancy
- constipation or digestive discomfort
- concerns with weight gain
- perinatal mood disorders (prenatal or postpartum depression or anxiety)
- digestive issues
- excessive blood loss during birth
- excessive weight loss after birth
- poor healing after birth
- experiencing a low milk supply
I can also help with general nutrition education in pregnancy and postpartum and if you are struggling to feed yourself now that you have a newborn at home!
Virtual support can be a really nice way to connect...from the comfort of your own home.
Here's What Virtual Dietitian Support Looks Like:
1. Click the "Book an Appointment" button below and choose an "initial nutrition appointment" in my online scheduler.
2. Answer a couple of questions in my intake form. I'll reach out to you after.
3. Click the zoom link at your appointment time.
You can show up in your sweats, with a messy bun and with all your questions.
What Does a Dietitian Do?
My job is to do a lot of listening and ask questions.
Once I have a better picture of what's going on for you, we can discuss different options, explore some ideas and I can offer to share some evidence-based information.
Then we work together to put those ideas into practice in real life. (Often the hardest part!)
Hi, I'm Amy. I'm a mom of two, a registered dietitian with over a decade of experience and a postpartum doula.
I'm known for my gentle nature and listening skills.
I use the wisdom of generations of women around the world and back it up with science, to help guide mothers and parents understand what foods build a healthy baby and support a mother's health through pregnancy, birth, postpartum and breastfeeding.
Are Dietitian Services Covered?
Check your medical benefits for registered dietitian services - often my services are covered.
My rate for a dietitian consultation is currently $130/60 minute session or $70/30 minute follow up.
Questions? Contact me at email@example.com or use the contact form below.